If you just want to add space above or below a block, you could use the built in WordPress spacer block. The Atomic Blocks AB Spacer block can do this too. BUT! If you want to add…
A dividing line with space above and below
Use the Atomic Blocks AB Spacer block.
The main difference between the WordPress spacer block and the Atomic Blocks AB Spacer block is the divider option.
The WordPress spacer does not have a divider, the Atomic Blocks spacer does have a divider option.
You can choose the color, height and size of the divider. The divider spans the full width of the content area.
The spacer can be solid, dashed or dotted.
AB Spacer block settings
As with all blocks there are two places to look for the settings. The toolbar above the block, after you’ve selected it. And in the WordPress Editor block settings sidebar.
Don’t forget, you have to select a block before you see it’s settings.
The AB Spacer is a very simple block and all of the settings are in the sidebar.
- Spacer Height: the amount of space that will be added by the block. If you activate the divider option, the divider will be placed in the middle of the height you choose. So if you chose 60 pixels you would get 30 pixels space then the divider and another 30 pixels of space.
- Add Divider: you do not have to use the divider when you use the Atomic Blocks AB Spacer block. If you do want to use the divider, toggle it on here.
- Divider Style: solid, dashed or dotted.
- Divider Height: from 1 to 5 pixels.
- Divider Color: pick a color for your divider.
- Advanced: if you understand CSS you can add additional CSS classes here.
Looking for a StudioPress theme or hosting?
Check out the two links below…
Buy a StudioPress theme outright and use it on all of your sites. There are three ways to get all of the StudioPress themes AND save.
When you sign up for a WP Engine plan, you receive the Genesis Framework and 36 StudioPress Themes free. That’s over $2,000 in value.